Location: Washington, DC
Starting: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
What is SparkFund?
SparkFund is a financial technology company located in Washington, DC that builds the software and tools necessary to sell products “as a service”, enabling energy efficiency vendors to sell their products the way customers want to purchase them. We help these vendors manage the complexity of integrated financing, standardize the customer journey, and ensure seamless pricing, documentation, and transaction management on the back-end. This mode of sale ensures the customer receives a simple monthly invoice that is lower than the financial savings created by the product. We help our partners close more projects, customers save more money, and make our nation’s commercial buildings more energy efficient.
SparkFund finances projects including lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, building controls, and other equipment that makes buildings smarter consumers of energy. Our starting capital base is comprised of mission-driven institutional investors and accredited individual investors and we have begun partnering with lenders who share our vision. SparkFund believes that building scalable, market driven solutions to our society's greatest challenges is the best way to change the world.
SparkFund is hiring a full-time Growth Associate to help energize the many moving parts of our Partnerships team’s activities and facilitate customer-oriented activities. You will facilitate the operations of our Partnerships team by supporting and executing outbound partner acquisition activities, managing inbound marketing lead qualification, and assisting with overall customer sales and development activities.
You’ll get to know the partner network and project process, and use that knowledge to drive customers through to successful projects. Your role will be critical to expanding SparkFund’s partnership capabilities and customer success. Success in this position requires a team player mentality, creativity in problem solving, and an ability to maintain order and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Support SparkFund’s CMO, Marketing team and Partnership team with various tasks to build and execute our channel partnership strategy and marketing activities.
- Qualify inbound leads and lead execution of outbound prospecting.
- Assist with the development of our marketing materials, demo documents, and pricing estimates.
- Maintain thorough and accurate Salesforce records and reports. This will involve a deep understanding of Salesforce structure and making sure various reports are up to date and complete.
- Research energy efficiency market trends and SparkFund end customer industries.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all social media platforms.
- Support the Marketing team with copy writing, creative thinking, and software maintenance.
- Research relevant industry conferences, maintain the SparkFund conference calendar, and coordinate SparkFund attendance and participation.
- Develop and create KPI reports and identify useful stats on partnership and project activity.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Dedication to what we’re building at SparkFund, and making an impact through increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an ability to maintain order in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver quality work while continually respecting and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Strong sense of ownership over your work and results.
- Fearless attitude and willingness to learn by doing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a four-year college or university.
- 1-2 years administrative, team support, or communication experience in a fast-paced environment.
What will really get you noticed by the team:
- General tech savvy-ness; SparkFund relies heavily on software and cloud-based computing for smooth day-to-day operations. Comfort in Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive is required. Past experience with CRM software (preferably Salesforce) and/or Hubspot is also a plus.
SparkFund offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with constant exposure to fantastic mentors, advisors, and thought leaders.
Other perks include:
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- A fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and free meals when you’re cranking late at the office.
- Competitive salaries and stock option plans to share in the upside of the business.
- An open vacation policy to take the time you need.
- Workspace customization. You can work at a sitting or standing desk and set up your space the way you want.
- Work in a convenient location in the heart of Dupont Circle.
How to Apply
Please submit the following using the form on this page:
- Resume (1-page resumes preferred).
- Brief cover letter emphasizing why you are interested in SparkFund and detailing any sales experience or situations in which you’ve exhibited goal oriented success or practiced consultative selling and relationship management.
- Brief copywriting example.
We look forward to hearing from you!